The content of this blog, including my art and worksheets, are copyright protected. I do give permission to reproduce for personal and classroom uses a reasonable, limited amount of my content. You do not need to contact me to ask for permission. All other use is forbidden. For more details see the permissions and restrictions statement in the footer. Please use the Paypal button to make your donation.

Monday, May 23, 2016

How To Paint a Picture of Fuchsia Flowers Worksheet

This is a printable art lesson and worksheet that is perfect for young artist. It will help to give a foundation for basic painting.


In this lesson, the background is muddy to give contrast to the brilliant green and red of the flower. I must admit that I think I might have made a mistake in choosing a dark background. I might try this again with just a light blue background, it would look pretty.

I made this worksheet as a handout to give my art students so they could take it home and practice painting on their own. 

Remember to set your printer to color.

A WORD ABOUT PRINTING THE WORKSHEET
If you have problems printing  "CLICK HERE" to visit my how-to-print page for some suggestions. 
 or try the updated link below that should print better.

How To Paint a Picture of Fuchsia Flowers Worksheet

My printables are free, so print as many as you like I only ask that you consider making a donation. Your gift of support will enable me to create more worksheets for you. 


Thank you for your support.

If the JPEG does not cooperate with your printer then the PDF below will be a better choice

CLICK HERE for a file in a universal portable format.

ART SUPPLY LIST

You can use any watercolor paint. I prefer my small Windsor Newton paint set; it has a nice selection of colors. I also use Grumbacher Paints in the tubes.  You can easily find these at any craft store like Lobby Hobby or Michaels. (Look for coupons online.) You can collect lots of paintbrushes, but it is better at the start to keep it simple with a few small, medium, and medium-large brushes and a combination of flats as well as rounded paintbrushes. For these art lessons, I use Strathmore series 300 Watercolor paper. It is economical and available at Michaels and Hobby Lobby and online. 

PRINTABLE ART LESSON NOTES

TRACE
Trace the design onto 140-pound watercolor paper, this is the heavy paper that will not buckle. If it is too thick to trace through place it against a window with the light shining through and then you should be able to trace it easily.

DO THE LIGHT COLORS FIRST.
The first layer of color should be watery. Mix a little yellow and green together and wash all the green areas including the background, We will build up darker layers on top of the light ones.

Be very careful not to get any color into the red and white flower.

LET THE FIRST STEP DRY.

SECOND WASH
For the darker greens in the leaves mix a tiny dot of blue with the green.
For the dark background mix blue, green, and red. In some places have more blue-green and in others have more red-green. Play around with it and use a lot of water to the colors blend so it looks like there is something in the dark background.

LET THE SECOND STEP DRY

Use a little light blue just for the shadows in the white part of the flower.

Use a small brush and take your time with the red paint. After you put down the red go back and use the very tip of your brush to draw the detail in the red. Use just a tiny touch of violet mixed with the red to give the shadows.

(c)Adron D. 5/23/16