The content of this blog, including my art and worksheets, are copyright protected. I do give permission to reproduce for personal and classroom uses a reasonable, limited amount of my content. You do not need to contact me to ask for permission. All other use is forbidden. For more details see the permissions and restrictions statement in the footer. Please use the Paypal button to make your donation.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

ART I January 5th


ART I
JANUARY 5 2011


PRE CLASS: Students present any work done during Christmas break for review.

INSTRUCTION AND DEMONSTRATION:  Demonstrating the “Golden Mean” in composition where the point of interest has the best effect in a landscape.

WARM UPS: Cylinders with shading, hash marks, bubbles. Observation worksheet.

QUICK SKETCH CHALLENGE: We will draw an item in 5 minutes

CLASS PROJECTS: Landscape using the point of interest /golden mean concept demonstrated. Portrait, drawing still life subjects from items in projects bag.  

LONG TERM PROJECT: Draw a monster, On this page write “________ (name of your villain) was going to be fed to their God a ____________,” (come up with your own name for the monster. 

Next page write “I had to save my enemy to get my _______”, (name of the heirloom) back. Draw a picture of your enemy in a cage with your avatar helping him escape. But the monster is watching

Next page write “We both had to fight the ___________.” (name of the monster).  Draw your avatar and your enemy fighting side by side against the monster. 


(c)Adron Dozat