The content of this blog, including my art and worksheets, are copyright protected. I do give permission to reproduce for personal and classroom uses a reasonable, limited amount of my content. You do not need to contact me to ask for permission. All other use is forbidden. For more details see the permissions and restrictions statement in the footer. Please use the Paypal button to make your donation.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Lesson Plans for Dec 16/10

Spectrum Art Class Dec 16

Our warm up focused on shading, and line technique.

Class work: A. Today we sketched a pineapple- giving attention to the variety of shapes and textures and details.
While sketching we are encouraging the use of multiple drawing pencils from hard to soft to create various effects.

Class work: B. For challenge drawing we celebrated Christmas by sketching some nativity figurines.

Class work C: For fun we drew cartoon turtles using a formula with shapes.

Homework: Over the Christmas break draw something every day. Here are a few ideas.

  • Draw your favorite Christmas ornament right off the tree
  • Draw a favorite Christmas decoration from around the house, draw a snow scene
  • Look through magazines and find pictures of Christmas characters and sketch them.
  • Draw the Christmas gifts under the tree.
  • Design your own Christmas card.
  • Draw the items on your Christmas wish list.
  • Draw Christmas candles.
  • Draw a wreath.
  • Draw Christmas stockings.

Or inspiration for today is from Gospel of St. John. 15:5, “I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.” NIV.
If you are working on a difficult task remember Jesus is “your vine.”  The vine gives energy, life, nutrition, and everything the branches need to grow fruit. No matter what church you go to Jesus is the “Vine,” a Christian’s inspiration, power, and hope. If you take a branch off the vine it can’t make fruit. Sometimes when I have a hard time I say something like, “Jesus This project is too big or hard I give myself to you and ask you to do it through me. I give you my weakness and receive your strength, I give you my lack of ideas and receive your wisdom, I give you my inability and receive your power. Thank you Jesus you are going to do this through me.”